Vegan Power Bowl
Following a vegan diet and want to make sure your protein needs are being met?
Try this flavorful, colorful and filling meal.
1/4 (6 oz) package of dried lentils
1/2 clove garlic
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cumin
1 sweet potato
4 cups kale
6 ounces tofu
2 Tbs curry powder
2 Tbs tahini
1 lemon juiced
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
1. Take 2 ounces of dried lentils (1/4 of a 6 oz package) and boil in 2 cups of water.
2. Add garlic, coriander, cumin to sauce pan. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
3. Steam sweet potato in oven or microwave (I poke holes and place in microwave for 7 minutes).
4. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Take 6 ounces of tofu, dry it. Add curry powder to tofu and cook on stove top for 5 minutes.
6. Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
7. While tofu is cooking, spray kale with olive oil cooking spray, salt and pepper to taste, and cook on stove top for 5 minutes.
Take 2 Tbs tahini, lemon - juiced, and 2 Tbs red wine vinegar and mix together.
Combine lentils, sweet potato, kale and tofu in a bowl - dress with tahini mixture!
Things to note:
Each serving should have about 3 ounces tofu, 1 half sweet potato and 1/2 cup cooked lentils.
Can be made for lunch or dinner.
Recipe yields 2 servings
One serving provides:
Carbohydrates: 50g (3.5 servings)